Palm Coast Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Addressing the Unfortunate Results of Motorcycle Accidents
Avid riders know the feeling of freedom and enjoyment only offered on a motorcycle. Unfortunately, motorcycle riders also know that they face serious injury should an accident ever occur. With the rider and passenger on a bike left unprotected, even a “fender bender” can lead to life-altering injuries.
At Politis & Matovina, Attorneys at Law, we understand your passion for riding. We also understand how difficult it can be to repair your life after a motorcycle accident injury — accidents often leave the victims unable to work, to care for themselves or to return to life as they once knew it. Fortunately, if your accident resulted due to another party’s negligent or careless actions, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Throughout our years in practice, we have helped victims recover compensation for a wide range of injuries. Unfortunately, these injuries are often very serious in nature, and can deeply impact the victims and their families. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Even the least serious spinal cord injuries can result in loss of feeling, paralysis and impaired motor function. Victims of spinal cord injuries often require extensive physical therapy and costly extended care.
- Traumatic brain injury: Traumatic brain and head injuries most often occur as a result of excessive force trauma to the head, causing the brain to bounce of the skull. Brain and head injuries can lead to tearing and bruising of the brain, in turn resulting from impaired cognitive skills. Brain and head injuries require extensive medical treatment and continued care.
- Disfigurement: Motorcycle accidents can result in a wide variety of permanent scarring, including disfigurement from road rash, burns, cuts and even amputations. More than just physical trauma, these injuries can lead to emotional turmoil and often require costly surgical procedures to repair.
Helpful Injury Prevention Tips from Avid Riders and Dedicated Attorneys
By taking simple precautions, you can reduce your chances of sustaining a life-altering injury in a motorcycle accident. Injury prevention tactics include:
- Always wear a helmet
- Complete all necessary training courses and obtain a valid motorcycle license
- Wear protective clothing such as long pants, boots and goggles
- Obey all traffic laws
- Remain alert for road hazards and distracted drivers
- Train passengers on proper riding safety
Unfortunately, these tips cannot prevent all accidents from occurring. If you have been injured, it is important to know your rights to seek compensation for your losses.
Contact our office online or call 386-767-0911 to discuss your motorcycle accident injury concerns during a free consultation with one of our Palm Coast motorcycle accident attorneys.